Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where is home?

I made it back to LA after a whirlwind adventure through India, Nepal, Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. It's strange being back in the place I grew up in, yet seeing everything as though it's completely new. There are so many things about India that I miss like the chaiwallahs, the sweet mithai (ladoos, burfi, and gulab jamus, oh my), Sagar Ratna's, the loud horns and honking cars, the symphony of dogs on my street (peace out Amitabh, Aamir, and Shahrukh), my students at school, the crazy Delhi traffic....I could go on and on, but that would take up an entire post! Just when I felt like a local, it was time to pack up and leave. I know I'll be heading back to India in the near future, so it's never going to be over. India is a part of me...As the teachers always asked me, "So basically you're Indian American?" Yes, it's true I am part Indian, part American, (and I say part Japanese, because I love Japan) and the entire world is my home. I can't be defined or put into a box...I'm a little of everything! I can't wait to travel more and see the world (I have a list going for all the places that I want to see & it's already at 26)! I have to post so so so many pictures on Facebook and this blog! Phir Milenge New Delhi, Mein apko bauth yaad karti hoon!